Job Title Admin and HR officer
Responsible to Project Director
Duration 3 years
Job types full-time
The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non- profit-making coalition, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen is food and nutrition secured. We pursue this lofty goal by engaging government and non-state actors to raise awareness, sustain commitment and actions to effectively tackle under-nutrition in Nigeria. The coalition was formally launched on the 7th of August, 2014.
CS-SUNN is currently recruiting for an upcoming project. We are looking for a qualified candidate for the position of an Admin and Human Resources Officer. The officer will be responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee counselling across the office. He/she will also undertake administrative tasks, ensuring the rest of the staff have adequate support to work efficiently. The ideal candidate will be competent in prioritizing and working with little supervision. He/She will be self-motivated and trustworthy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing support to supervisors and staff to develop skills and capabilities of staff.
- Monitoring Staff performance and attendance at work
- Coordinating staff recruitment and selection process
- Provision of information and assistance to staff, supervisor and management on human resource and work-related issues
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with company policies
- Supervise administrative staff and divide responsibilities to ensure performance
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
- Manage phone calls and correspondences (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned and assist colleagues whenever necessary
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the arts, law or social sciences. Certification in Human Resources Management with at least 3 years post-practical experience managing HR.
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or relevant role
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and qualifying statements, explaining why they are suitable for the job, stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
Applications received after the closing date, 3 PM on Monday 16th April 2018, will not be considered.
Applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlist candidates will be contacted