The Civil Society Scaling-up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making coalition, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen is food and nutrition secured.
CS-SUNN is implementing a Project on Partnership for Advocacy in Child and Family Health (PACFaH). PACFaH in Nigeria, is a three year social accountability project (November, 2014-November, 2017), an innovative coalition of eight indigenous Civil Society Organizations ( CSOs), working to promote issues on Child and Family health such as Nutrition, Routine Immunization, Family Planning and Control of childhood killer diseases (Pneumonia and diarrhoea).
CS-SUNN is the issue lead in Nutrition for PACFaH project and will build capacity of civil society organizations to advocate for nutrition, and will engage government to fulfil promises, to increase funding and to establish the regulatory framework to guide implementation of nutrition specific interventions in Nasarawa, Niger, Kaduna States and at national level.
Job Title: Project Officer – (PACFaH)
Nutrition, Health, Safety, NGO, Non-Profit
As a member of the CS-SUNN Team, the Project Officer will work under the direction of the Project Director in the day-to-day successful implementation of the CS SUNN PACFaH project. S/He will have ability to work independently and manage various aspects of the project within the given area of coverage and with limited supervision.
Technical Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to:
Ensure the day to day implementation of the work plan activities.
Provide technical support to the CS-SUNN coalitions at the state level and relevant Government Counterparts in the three States & national to build their capacity in implementing desired advocacy activities to scale –up nutrition interventions, and to ensure that agreed targets are met.
Monitor the implementation and progress of projects according to approved objectives, plan of action and budget, and record progress; prepare a schedule for completion of the project in a systemic manner; ensure adherence to deadlines
• Keep track of all stages of projects by documenting and recording outcomes; identify challenges and suggest changes when needed
• Conduct fieldwork when necessary; this includes meetings and visits to ensure the implementation of project activities; prepare and/or edit meeting minutes and process briefings
• Participate in writing of program proposals, monthly & quarterly reports, briefs, lesson learnt and case studies. Also he/she should be able to perform other adhoc duties as assigned by the organization.
Qualifications and Competences Required
• A University degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Health/Nutrition Research or development studies is required. Possession of an Advanced degree in nutrition or Public Health will be of great advantage.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in Nutrition, public health, related research, development or communication especially in an NGO.
• Fluency in English with good interpersonal and strong computer skills is required.
Interested Candidates should send CVs and a cover letter to email@example.com on or before COB Thursday 31st May, 2016. Website:www.cs-sunn.org. Payment would be in line with PACFaH agreed salary structure.
To apply please click here: http://www.jobberman.com/job/