TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR REVIEW, UPDATE OF CS-SUNN POLICY DOCUMENTS AND DEVELOPMENT OF ACCOMPANYING FORMS
Purpose of Assignment:
This assignment is designed to engage a consultant to review CS-SUNN’s existing policies and update of same as well as the development of accompanying forms. CS-SUNN haven come of age by this call intends to update its policies and processes to reflect standard best practices in running reputable Non-governmental organization.
Rationale / Justification for Assignment:
Following the successful implementation of the first phase of partnership for advocacy in child and family health in Nigeria project, a social accountability investment implemented through the strategy of coalition building to achieve the goal of catalysing government’s responsiveness on policies, budgets and administration on the most daunting challenges to child and family health at national and state levels in Nigeria.
It has become necessary that existing policies be reviewed, updated to reflect current realities and international standards and non-existing policies developed to strengthen existing systems and also develop new systems reflect a organizational system and forms that will ensure its processes are
CS-SUNN is a non-governmental, non-profit making coalition, made up of organisations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen is food and nutrition secured. CS-SUNN was launched on August 7, 2014. It provides a platform to engage government and non-state actors to advocate for policy implementation create public awareness, increase local demand for appropriate nutrition service delivery, track service provision and budget implementation (Please check www.cs-sunn.org for more on organization)
Scope of Assignment
Consultant is expected to:
• Review and update CS-SUNN’s existing policy documents
• As an expert liaising with the secretariat develop other policies that will translate to better processes and systems in CS-SUNN
• Develop forms required for implementation of developed/reviewed policy documents
Key Deliverable and Expected Outputs
1. Human Resources Policy
2. Financial Management Policy
3. Asset Policy
4. Procurement policy and procedures
5. Financial procedure manual
6. Accounting system manual
7. Gender Policy
8. Forms for policy implementation as identified in each of the policies and manuals reviewed/developed.
Profile /Type of Consultants Required:
• Proven technical and managerial expertise in Policy development and implementation;
• Evidence of at least 5 years successful experience in developing and executing organizational policies;
• Demonstrated attention to detail;
• Ability to work well as part of a team;
• Demonstrated experience on organization HR and financial processes as evidenced by personal profile;
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills;
Reporting & Timing of Consultancy
7 days duration
Interested individuals and or firms to submit a technical and cost proposal to CS-SUNN detailing their methodology on how to carry out the assignment, a work plan, consultants level of effort, detailed CV, and professional fees. In addition, at least 3 references of similar assignments you have successfully undertaken in the last 3 years. The proposal should reach CS-SUNN not later than close of business 8th of August 2017.
The proposal should be submitted in PDF format to:
The Project Director, CS-UNN
On [email protected] or [email protected]
Note that only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.