TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR REVIEW, UPDATE AND FINALIZATION OF CS-SUNN STRATEGIC AND RESOURCE MOBILIZATION PLAN
Purpose of Assignment:
This assignment is designed to engage a consultant to review, update and finalize CS-SUNN’s draft Strategic Plan (2017-2021). He is to develop a resource mobilization/business plan that will position the organization to source and secure funds that will facilitate implementation of the plan to be developed.
Justification for Assignment:
CS-SUNN was given birth to in November 2013 after a visioning workshop midwifed by Save the Children Nigeria. In attendance were selected nutrition stakeholders and government represented by Nutrition unit of the Federal Ministry of Health. The meeting was designed to among other things come up with basic information required to develop a strategic plan that will drive the organization in-line with its goal and mandates. Although the organization in-line with its mandates has secured grants to implement projects that contribute attaining its objectives and goals, the need to finalize this all important document is germane at this time.
The services of a reputable consultant is therefore required to review, update and finalize a draft plan put together by the current Steering Committee (SC) of the organization and also develop a business/resources mobilization plan that will prepare the organization to seek and secure funds for implementation of the plan.
CS-SUNN is a non-governmental, non-profit making coalition, made up of organisations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen is food and nutrition secured. CS-SUNN was launched on August 7, 2014 and provides a platform to engage government and non-state actors to advocate for policy implementation, create public awareness, increase local demand for appropriate nutrition service delivery as well as track service provision and budget implementation (Please check www.cs-sunn.org for more on organization)
Objectives of this consultancy are as follows:
- To review, update and finalize CS-SUNN Strategic Plan (2017-2021)
- To develop a Resource Mobilization Plan to facilitate funding of plan and other relevant projects of the organization in-line with its mandate and goals.
The consultant will in constant consultation with SC Chairman and secretariat implement the assignment as elaborated below:
- Review relevant CS-SUNN documents including policy documents in place, and program documents;
- Carry out in-depth analysis of CS-SUNN capacity and approaches to inform planning
- Review the Logical Framework of the organization and come up with an implementable framework
- Develop a five year strategic plan and a Business plan for the organization
- Develop performance measurements and implementation plan of CS-SUNN’s strategic goals
- Develop budget for the strategic plan implementation
A not more than 20 page five (5) year Strategic Plan (2017-2021)
- Annual operational Plan and Budget for 2018
- A 15 page resource mobilisation strategy that will facilitate sustained funding for key CS-SUNN results.
- An annex that maps donor interests, priorities, funding windows and points to clear actions that should be taken to mobilise funds and develop/maintain relationships with these donors
- An annex that outlines a series of fundraising materials that need to be produced to secure funding/raise the profile of key CS-SUNN results
Profile /Type of Consultants Required:
- Proven technical and managerial expertise in organization strategy and resource mobilization plan development and implementation;
- Evidence of at least 7 years successful experience in developing and executing organizational strategies;
- Demonstrated attention to detail;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Demonstrated experience on organization strategies, project fund mobilization as evidenced by personal profile;
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills;
Reporting & Timing of Consultancy
20 days duration
Interested individuals and or firms to submit a technical and cost proposal to CS-SUNN detailing their methodology on how to carry out the assignment, a work plan, consultants level of effort, detailed CV, and professional fees. In addition, at least 3 references of similar assignments you have successfully undertaken in the last 3 years. The proposal should reach CS-SUNN not later than close of business 9th of August 2017.
The proposal should be submitted in PDF format to:
The Project Director, CS-UNN
Note that only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.