|Job Title||State Coordinator|
|Responsible to||Project Officer|
|Job type||50% level of effort|
The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non- profit making coalition made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen is food and nutrition secured. We pursue this lofty goal by engaging government and non-state actors to raise awareness, sustain commitment and actions to effectively tackle under-nutrition in Nigeria. The coalition was formally launched on the 7th of August, 2014.
CS-SUNN is currently recruiting for an upcoming project. We are looking for a qualified candidate for the position of a State Coordinator. The State Coordinator will contribute to CS-SUNN’s effort to plan to advocate for domestication/effective implementation of the National Nutrition Plan and improved funding for nutrition Imo state.
Key Areas of Accountability
Will contribute to the delivery of project objective and reports on CS-SUNN’s nutrition advocacy project on improving nutrition policies implementation and funding in Imo state. The post holder will also be expected to contribute to the implementation of the wider CS-SUNN Nutrition Advocacy and campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a good knowledge of state government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision-making structures and how to influence them.
- Contribute to formulation of key advocacy messages and targets from lessons learned,
- Contribute to the development and implementation of advocacy objectives and
- Contribute to all efforts to raise/nurture CSO coalition and champions for nutrition at the sub-national level.
- Develop dissemination and communication strategies for key advocacy messages.
- Produce reports and presentations for internal and external audiences, as directed
- Develop strategic relationships with other agencies engaged in advocacy and policy work.
- Develop and maintain a network of external contacts with key individuals in the government, NGO sector, civil society and the media.
- Represent CS-SUNN at various forums and advocacy opportunities as directed.
- Perform other tasks, as required and directed by the Executive Secretary, Project Manager or Project Officer
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of BSc in Food and Nutrition Science; Public Health/Social Science or related field
- Knowledge of nutrition issues, accountability and, advocacy research/engagement
- Experience of drafting and presenting policy issues to a variety of audiences in a concise manner
- Experience in advocacy techniques and influencing tactics.
- Prior work experience in advocacy in Nigeria.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrable ability to think strategically,
- innovatively and practically to ensure achievement of desired change objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of audiences at local and national
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with partner agencies and key contacts in the government, NGO, civil society and media sectors.
- Fluency in English language (written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently and manage various projects with limited supervision.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and qualifying statements, explaining why they are suitable for the job, stating the position applied for as the subject of the mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
- Applications received after the closing date, 1 PM on Friday 24th August 2018, will not be considered.
- Applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted