Job Title: Nutrition Assistant (ANRiN Project)
Job Type: Full time
Reports to: Nutrition Specialist
The Civil Society Scaling-Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non- profit-making coalition, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen is food and nutrition secured. We pursue this lofty goal by engaging government and non-state actors to raise awareness, sustain commitment and actions to effectively tackle malnutrition in Nigeria. The coalition was formally launched on the 7th of August, 2014 with over 400 member organizations across the country.
The Nutrition Assistant in collaboration with and under the supervision of the Nutrition Specialist will contribute to CS-SUNN’s effort to meet its mandate on the service delivery component of the Accelerating Nutrition Results in Nigeria (ANRiN) project in the focal Local Government Areas (LGA)of Nasarawa state.
Key Areas of Accountability
- The Nutrition Assistant is expected to support the Nutrition Specialist in the various field and non-field tasks related to the successful delivery of the Basic Nutrition Package for Nutrition to the beneficiaries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- S/he would be a member of the ANRiN project team in Nasarawa state
- Assist Nutrition Specialist to coordinate the activities and supportive supervision of the Supervisors, Health workers, Community Health Influencers and Promoters Services CHIPS agents, Community Volunteers and Case Management Workers in providing Basic Nutrition Services (BNS) in the focal LGAs in Nasarawa State to ensure achievement of project set targets.
- Assist the Nutrition Specialist in the capacity building (including training, coaching and mentoring) of field workers for optimal performance and maintenance of high standards in the discharge of their duties.
- Support and produce minutes of meetings, outreach and advocacy visits.
- Produce weekly updates and activity reports on service delivery and the field workers.
- Assist the Nutrition Specialist to work closely with CS-SUNN state chapter and key stakeholders to elicit support that will ensure success of the ANRiN project in the state.
- Assist Nutrition Specialist and State team to develop state ANRiN annual progress report, work plan and activity plan.
- Work closely with the selected Health facilities in the participating LGAs on commodity distribution and reporting.
- Assist in the documentation and request of monthly payments due to field workers
- Participate in community mobilization and resolving grievances and complaints by beneficiaries.
- Perform any other work assigned by the Nutrition Specialist.
Qualifications & Competency Requirements
- Minimum of a BSc/HND in Nutrition, Food Science, Public Health, Social Science, Arts or any other related field.
- Minimum of year relevant working experience.
- Knowledge of nutrition issues and services
- Good communication (oral and written) and facilitation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships among various.
- Ability to work independently and manage various projects with limited supervision.
- Good knowledge and use of MS Suite (excel, word, power point and outlook)
CS-SUNN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Hence all qualified and interested candidates should apply. CS-SUNN has zero tolerance for any form of sexual exploitation and abuse that could jeopardize its humanitarian principle. We remain fully committed to the “do no harm principle” and a culture of trust and integrity in the prevention and addressing of sexual misconduct of any kind.
To apply please click here: https://forms.gle/vwwJaGK1ZzkTqCZF7
Application Deadline: 26th August, 2022.