Job Title: Programme Manager
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Job Type: Full time
The Civil Society – Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non- profit-making coalition, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. We pursue this lofty goal by engaging government and non-state actors to raise awareness, sustain commitment and actions to effectively tackle malnutrition in Nigeria. The Alliance was formally launched on the 7th of August, 2014 and has member organisations across 24 states including the FCT.
The Programmes Manager will, under the supervision of the Executive Secretary; plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of CS-SUNN projects implementation. S/he will work closely with the M&E manager as well as other departments for support, to make sure that the scope and direction of each of CS-SUNN’s projects is on schedule.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Lead the programme team to ensure optimal delivery of all project objectives and reports on CS-SUNN’s nutrition advocacy projec
- Lead the implementation CS-SUNN’s Programmes Strategy, Nutrition programing and campaigns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and implement project activities as it relates to ongoing advocacy projects/programmes
- Develop annual and quarterly work plans and budgets based on specific project documents and CS-SUNN’S strategic documents
- Develop project ideas in line with CS-SUNN’s visions/goals, and articulate them into
- Concept Notes/Proposals to raise funds for implementation of such project ideas
- Prepare proposals, concept notes, training materials, guidance notes and templates needed for timely execution of project activities
- Assess capacities and needs (technical, operational) of partners and beneficiaries to achieve planned activities
- Provide technical training support and mentoring to project partners, beneficiaries and other project staff
- Plan and organize conferences, workshops and other project activity events
- Ensure timely and sufficient information-sharing on project implementation with project staff and partners and maintain appropriate communication with them
- Develop good knowledge of state and national government structures, parliamentary and political processes and key decision-making structures and how to influence them
- Contribute to formulation of key advocacy messages and targets from lessons learned, assessments, research and evidence gained through project implementation on Health and Nutrition
- Develop and implement advocacy objectives and initiatives, both short and long term, encompassing a wide range of issues and audiences in Nutrition
- Lead efforts to raise/nurture CSO coalition and champions for nutrition at the national and sub- national level
- Develop dissemination and communication strategies for key advocacy messages
- Review reports from project team members, produce reports and presentations for internal and external audiences
- Carry out additional tasks as directed by the Executive Secretary
Qualifications & Competency Requirements
- Minimum of a Masters degree in either Nutrition, Public Health, Social sciences or any other relevant fiel
- Relevant professional membership and certifications in Programmes/Project Management, Nutrition, Policy Development and Advocacy, Public Health, Financing and Resource mobilisation is desired.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in project management, project implementation and supervision. Proven work experience in Nutrition advocacy and engagement is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of nutrition issues, accountability and, advocacy research/engagement
- Competence in the development, presentation and dissemination of policy briefs for maximum results to a variety of audiences.
- Competence in Budget development, analysis, management and reporting for project success.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in the use of MS Suite (especially excel, power point, outlook) and project management software for team management, budgeting, presentation, communication, reporting, training and facilitation.
- Excellent organization, team and time management skills
- Excellent leadership, delegation and supervision and capacity building skills
- Effective communication and team management skills
- Experience in advocacy techniques and influencing tactics.
- Knowledge of the policies, functions, structures and decision-making processes of key national institutions with regard to Nutrition
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to ensure achievement of desired change objectives.
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) effectively with a wide range of audiences at national and subnational level.
- High level of emotional intelligence and resilience
CS-SUNN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Hence all qualified and interested candidates should apply. CS-SUNN has zero tolerance for any form of sexual exploitation and abuse that could jeopardize its humanitarian principle. We remain fully committed to the “do no harm principle” and a culture of trust and integrity in the prevention and addressing of sexual misconduct of any kind.
To apply please click here: https://forms.gle/E5mgoq43ePw52HDU8
Application Deadline: August 26, 2022.