The Nasarawa State Multisectoral Plan of Action for Nutrition (NSMSPAN) has been formally launched. The Deputy Governor of the State Dr. Emmanuel A. Akabe unveiled the plan recently on 3rd September, 2021 in Lafia.
While unveiling the plan Dr. Akabe said “Be rest assured that this has been developed; in its implementation in Nasarawa state, we shall follow it page by page, letter by letter and we shall exceed all your expectations”
CS-SUNN congratulates the Nasarawa State government on this feat as this is a major landmark in strengthening synergy among sectors towards addressing malnutrition in the state. The NSMSPAN is to be implemented from 2020-2025 and has six key result areas namely:
1) Food and Nutrition security
2) Enhancing caregiver capacity
3) Enhancing provision of quality health services
4) Improving capacity to address Food and Nutrition Insecurity
5) Raising Awareness and Understanding of Problems of malnutrition and
6) Resource mobilization, Allocation and utilization for Food and Nutrition Security at all levels.
CS-SUNN provided technical guidance and supported the state government in the finalization and printing of the plan.