REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
|“TERMS OF REFERENCE TO ENGAGE MEDIA AGENCY TO DEVELOP AND DOCUMENT ADVOCACY PROJECTS CS- SUCCESS STORY “||DATE: 17th April 2020|
The Partnership for Improving Nigeria Nutrition Systems (PINNS) is a project designed to strengthen the Nigeria nutrition systems to be more Result-driven, Effective, Serviceable, Efficient and Transparent (RESET). This is to facilitate the delivery of Nutrition interventions and to hold government accountable on commitments made to allocate, release and use transparently funds for implementation of high impact Nutrition interventions in Nigeria through evidence-based advocacy.
Malnutrition in Nigeria is caused by several factors, for example, lack of food, improper feeding and caring practices, economic and political structures, low status and lack of education among women, etc. Therefore, a multi-sectoral approach is required for a reduction and eventual eradication of the scourge. The UNICEF conceptual framework (UNICEF 2013) brings to the fore the need for multi-actors, disciplines, sectors and systems in this effort as evidence increasingly suggests that solving malnutrition can benefit from a systems approach (WHO 2009; Hammond & Dube’ 2012).
PINNS project adopts a systems approach to advocating on strengthening bodies burdened with the responsibility of reducing malnutrition in Nigeria. It pays attention to the unpredictable interaction among factors, sectors, disciplines and determinants of nutrition, bringing to the table key tools and technical support required for the effective coordination and implementation of Nutrition programs. PINNS seeks to focus on strengthening governance, policy implementation, effective coordination, financing, building the capacity of state actors, generation and effective communication of evidence and promoting accountability. This collective effort will contribute to a reduction in malnutrition, thereby improving the nutritional status of Nigerians, particularly women and children. The organizational capacity of CS-SUNN to become a leading voice on nutrition advocacy in Nigeria by deepening expertise gained from the Partnership for Advocacy in Child and Family Health (PACFaH) project and building new ones is also one of the goals the project intends to achieve.
Effective documentation and dissemination of success stories is vital to creating visibility, credibility and value for money invested in achieving desired change. Promoting CS-SUNN’s successes in the last five years will significantly improve the alliance’s visibility and show what significant contributions the alliance has made towards ensuring food and nutrition security in Nigeria. These successes will serve as a vehicle for continuous learning, feedback and analysis of what worked and what did not work, how it worked and why. They will further inform scaling up of proven effective strategies that will boost nutrition and move Nigeria closer to attaining Global nutrition targets. It will demonstrate CS-SUNN’s added value to improving nutrition in Nigeria.
Purpose of Assignment:
CS-SUNN is seeking to engage a consultant, who will develop, document and produce success stories from projects implemented by CS-SUNN in the last five (5) years.
The specific tasks for the consultants are:
1. Carryout an assessment of all of CS-SUNN’s information platforms (website, social media platforms, photos, videos, WhatsApp) and come up with ways to enhance and drive traffic.
2. Conduct stakeholder interviews (State Chapters/CSOs, Government and MDAs, Partners, Media, Influencers, Staff, SC, BOT etc) to collate successes and produce success stories/documentary.
2.Develop human angle success stories, CS-SUNN state chapter success documentaries and an overall documentary on CS-SUNN achievements in advocacy in the last 5 years.
4. In collaboration with CS-SUNN plan CS-SUNN Awards and PINNS close-out ceremony with focus on CS-SUNN’s 5-year in Advocacy.
6. Provide in-house training for CS–SUNN’s team on success story development and dissemination.
Specific Tasks for CS-SUNN:
1. Provide Media agency with background information as well as necessary documents required for the consultancy.
2. Facilitate meetings with relevant key project staff, CS-SUNN members and beneficiaries/targets.
By the end of the assignment the following outputs will be expected:
- An inception report demonstrating understanding of the assignment in the TOR and how your Team proposes to accomplish the required tasks.
- Strong human angle success stories, state-based success stories and an overall documentary on CS-SUNN achievements in advocacy in the last 5 years.
- Metrics indicating improved traffic drive to website (Engagement, forms submission, bounce rate, downloads etc.).
- Development of social media strategies that will drive increased traffic to all of CS-SUNN’s social media platforms and advocacy videos
- Website upgrade to reflect advocacy successes on CS-SUNN’s website and other on-line platforms
- Provision of technical and media support to CS-SUNN’s annual award ceremony and PINNS closeout meeting
- Capacity of selected CS-SUNN staff built on development and dissemination of success stories.
Type of Consultants Required:
The Media/Communications Agency should have a team of key personnel with University degrees in Journalism, Development Communications or related field plus Masters in Public Health as an added advantage. The agency must possess at least 5-years professional experience in strategic communications and development and content creation (including on-line, video and print formats) for internal and external media communications aimed at improving branding and visibility. The agency must demonstrate proven experience developing success stories content. The agency must be proficient in event planning and delivery of Public and Media relations plans/strategies.
Agencies should provide evidence of previous consultancies done for reputable organizations on similar task.
Interested Agencies who meet the above stated criteria are to send an expression of interest with the following:
– Curriculum Vitae of Key personnel
– Technical offer containing work plan and methodology
– Links to past works that relate to this assignment
– Financial offer including: (a) daily consultancy fee– all taxes and duties included; (b) production costs (c)airing cost, etc.
Timing of Consultancy:
Assignment must be completed and final submissions made by close of business of on November 2020.
|An inception report demonstrating understanding of the assignment in the TOR and how your Team proposes to accomplish the required tasks.||2 day|
|Strong human angle success stories, state-based success stories and an overall documentary on CS-SUNN achievements in advocacy in the last 5 years. (Successes will be centered on Nutrition Policy adoption & implementation, creation of nutrition budget lines, substantial increase in budgets for nutrition.)||8 days|
|Metrics indicating improved traffic drive to website (Engagement, forms submission, bounce rate, downloads etc.).||2 days|
|Develop social media strategies that will drive increased traffic to all of CS-SUNN’s social media platforms and advocacy videos||4 days|
|Reflection of advocacy successes on CS-SUNN’s website and other on-line platforms||6 days|
|Provide technical and media support in designing and planning CS-SUNN’s PINNS award ceremony and closeout meeting||10 days|
|Delivered training for in-house staff.||3 days|
|Total days for consultancy||35 days|
Interested Agencies should send their complete offer via mail to email@example.com on or before Friday 15th of May, 2020.
Please address correspondence to:
The Executive Secretary,
Civil Society – Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN)
Plot 203 Cadastral Zone B02,
Off Oladipo Diya Way (Beside Concordia Apartments)