The Civil Society – Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a non-governmental, non-profit making coalition, made up of organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen is food and nutrition secured. We pursue this lofty goal by engaging government and non-state actors to raise awareness, sustain commitment and actions to effectively tackle under-nutrition in Nigeria. The coalition was formally launched on the 7th of August, 2014.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: Abuja
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit Project Management
Civil Society-Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is a coalition of civil societies with interest in Nutrition in Nigeria and was launched on 7th August 2014. Its prime objective is to mobilize non-state actors to generate evidence, build capacity, advocate and stimulate communities and stakeholders to scale up nutrition interventions in Nigeria.
- The Executive Secretary will be the Head of the Secretariat and Management team of the Alliance.
- S/He will lead the transformation of Scaling up Nutrition’s programming in Nigeria to a new operating model, whilst also delivering all project’s strategy within the country through:
- Delivering quality programmes, including advocacy for Nutrition at all levels in all key relevant sectors.
- Serving the alliance and her partners including our donors /funders.
- Guaranteeing a structured growth of the operational platform and managing new opportunities.
- The Executive Secretary will report to the Steering Committee and perform other duties that will support the growth of the state chapters and Alliance in general.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- S/He will contribute to strategic and operational development and delivery of organizational projects and programs in line with the CS – SUNN mandate, strategy and theory of change.
- S/He will ensure compliance to the constitution, governing manual, policies and guidelines of the Alliance.
- Deliver transformational change at the country and state levels.
- Country Office
- Country Program Development.
- Country project /program implementation.
- Country Program Representation.
- Advanced University Degree in Science, Social Science, Humanities/Arts or any other related discipline.
- Advanced degree in Nutrition, Agriculture, Food Science, Public Health will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the Nutrition/ Health / Food Science/ Agricultural/Development sectors including working experience with Government, NGOs, INGOs, UN and Donors agencies.
- Demonstrated experience in policy advocacy (including budget advocacy) and campaigns at national and subnational levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Nigerian health and nutrition sector.
- Proven experience of building, leading and developing a team of senior staff with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Proven experience in program development and good knowledge of donors (including multilateral, institutional & corporates) and context in Nigeria.
- Proven experience managing a crisis requiring quick changes to priorities and rapid action to respond.
- Proven experience leading change in an organisation which has led to considerable results for the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Proven experience in project management including knowledge management and monitoring and evaluation.
- Track record of building personal networks at a senior level, resulting in securing new opportunities for the organisation.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Strong skills and expertise in planning, financial and budget management as well as people management.
- Good understanding of operational, financial and support services management processes.
- Good understanding of key trends in international and humanitarian development.
- Commitment to the Scaling up Nutrition movement.
Method of Application:
Interested and qualified candidates should apply via this https://forms.gle/FnvU1WZ2pSVCpTNW7
Applications received after the closing date (October 15th, 2021), will not be considered. Applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlist candidates will be contacted.