Job Title: Program Officer
Donor: UNICEF (Renewable)
Duration: 1 Year
The Civil Society- Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is the Civil Society Alliance (CSA) of the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) movement in Nigeria. We are a non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and non- profit-making alliance of over 400 organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. Since our incorporation in 2014 we have continued to advocate, generate evidence and build capacities of state and non-state actors towards changing the nutrition story in Nigeria.
The Program Officer will play a critical role in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of various programs and initiatives within the organization. Working closely with the program management team, the Program Officer will be responsible for coordinating program activities, managing project timelines, and ensuring the achievement of program goals and objectives. The role requires strong organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams, external stakeholders, and project partners.
- Assist in the development and implementation of program strategies and plans.
- Coordinate program activities, including organizing meetings, workshops, and events as assigned by the program manager.
- Ensure effective utilization of resources and adherence to project timelines.
- Conduct research and gather relevant data to support program development and evaluation.
- Build, support and maintain relationships with internal teams, external partners, and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify program needs, goals, and objectives.
- Support the development and implementation of communication and engagement strategies.
- Prepare project documentation, including proposals, budgets, and progress reports.
- Identify and address project risks and challenges in a timely manner.
- Initiate and support in the preparation and submission of grant proposals and funding applications.
- Support the MEAL Officer to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans for program activities.
- Collect and analyze program data to measure progress and impact.
- Prepare reports on program outcomes, including recommendations for improvement.
- Support program evaluations and assessments.
- Support the documentation and dissemination of program best practices and lessons learned.
- Stay informed about relevant industry trends, policies, and practices.
- Share knowledge and insights with the program team and stakeholders.
- Any other task assigned by the program manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and any relevant fields.
- Minimum of 3 years cognate experience in project management in the NGO sector.
- Proficiency in the development, managing and implementation of project budgets.
- Proficiency in report, grant and proposal writing
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks, manage timelines, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage conflicts and diversity.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with attention to details.
- Proficiency in using project management tools, softwares, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles and methodologies is desirable.
CS-SUNN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Hence all qualified and interested candidates should apply. CS-SUNN has zero tolerance for any form of sexual exploitation and abuse. We remain fully committed to the “do no harm principle” and the prevention of sexual misconducts of any kind. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click link to apply: https://hrm.cs-sunn.org/
Application deadline: September 5, 2023.