Job Title: Finance Officer
Duration: 1 Year (Renewable)
Supervisor: Finance Manager
The Civil Society-Scaling Up Nutrition in Nigeria (CS-SUNN) is the Civil Society Alliance (CSA) of the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) movement in Nigeria. We are a non-governmental, non-religious, non-political and non- profit-making alliance of over 400 organizations with a shared vision to transform Nigeria into a country where every citizen has food and is nutrition secured. Since our incorporation in 2014 we have continued to advocate, generate evidence and build capacities of state and non-state actors towards changing the nutrition story in Nigeria.
The Finance Officer, under the supervision of the Finance & Grant Manager and in collaboration with other members of the project team, will deliver end-to-end Finance services functions on the project in line with the Organization and donor requirements. As an integral member of the Finance team s/he will support the implementation of Finance and Compliance strategy, regulations, policies and procedures towards the successful achievement of programme outcomes and Organizational objectives.
- Comprehensive review of all payment requests, to ensure completeness and compliance to all applicable existing finance policies and regulations.
- Preparation, processing and adequate documentation of payments.
- Effective management of petty cash.
- Lead on bank reconciliations, voucher compilation and upload and cost projections.
- Lead on tax remittance, tax return compilation and reporting.
- Review activity budget, variance analysis and burn rate on actual spend against budget.
- Ensure proper documentation and completeness of field voucher files.
- Assisting in budget preparation, monitoring and reporting.
- Assist in grants and proposals development.
- Review transactions for cost reasonableness, allowability and allocability.
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions.
- Ensure value for money.
- Ensure audit and spot-check readiness at all times.
- Identify and proactively mitigate all forms of financial risks.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Finance & Grant Manager.
Skills and Requirements
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Professional qualification such as ICAN or ACCA will be a plus.
- 3 years of relevant work experience, especially in the NGO sector will be a plus.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of donor financial regulations.
- Experience using Sage and QuickBooks Accounting Software
- Solid knowledge of financial principles and accounting procedures.
- Proficiency in the review, preparation, processing and documentation of payment requests and retirements.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- People and project management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Proficiency in the design, development, monitoring and reporting of Budgets.
CS-SUNN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Hence all qualified and interested candidates should apply. CS-SUNN has zero tolerance for any form of sexual exploitation and abuse. We remain fully committed to the “do no harm principle” and the prevention of sexual misconducts of any kind. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click link to apply: https://hrm.cs-sunn.org/
Application deadline: September 5, 2023.